Young Fulham striker, Corey Gameiro, is the latest Aussie to have his contract extended when Fulham FC took up the option to exercise a third year. The club have been impressed with Corey since he joined them so had no qualms about keeping on the promising forward.
” I’m very excited to have signed a new contract at the Cottagers and I’m looking forward to next season. They were happy to extend it a year.”
Corey went on to explain simply what he thought got him the extension.
“Hard work ”
Corey believes he is likely to go out on-loan for part of next season to gain some first team experience which is the key to making the next step up.
“If I prove I can mix it with the men then maybe the first team with Fulham.”
The new contract and a possible call up to the U20 national team could see Corey have a very good 2012.
Key Vocabulary and Phrases
to have extended – to have something made longer. Used for time or a thing.
to have no qualms – to not be worried or concerned about something. A qualm is a worry
promising- an adjective that describes something or someone who can be better or improve
likely- used to describe something that has a high chance of happening
to mix it with- to be able to compete alongside someone as an equal
on-loan- to be given to another team or person for a temporary time
to call up- to be asked to join
- Will Corey be playing at Fulham next season?
- How many seasons has Corey been at Fulham?
- Is it possible Corey will play some of next season at a different club than Fulham?
- Why would Corey go to another club next season?
- What did Corey say “Hard work” helped him to get?
- Were Fulham worried about keeping Corey for another year?
- Can Corey still get better as a footballer?
- Which U20 national team does Corey play for?